Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snowday!



















So its been snowing in Las Vegas the last few days. Yesterday it snowed a couple of inches, which is a big deal for Las Vegas(there are only 7 snowplows for the whole valley). Well the school district decided to close the schools today. I thought I would show you a picture of what a snowday looks like in Las Vegas:



















It looks harsh, doesn't it?

7 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

That's hilarious! I bet the school district feels kind of stupid. lol

As the World "Kerns" said...

Hey..What happened! A Snowday in Vegas, that is almost unheard of. I hope the kids enjoyed it and I hope you survived it! That is amazing 7 snowplows..they are probably mostly in Pahrump, Mt. Charleston and Lee Canyon..ha, ha. We had snow most of the day, it's clear at the moment, but we have about 3 or 4 inches, but school was still on and Somehow I managed to get up and down the hills in our Nissan, we don't get plowed out too often, but they do dump dirt on the roads..ha ha. LOVE YOU! I'm glad you showed us a picture.

Lois said...

you are suppose to keep the snow around for snowday what happened did you eat it all???

Krista said...

I heard there were only two snowplows and they were both in Mt. Charleston;) They totally jumped the gun and Travis is irritated because they are going to have to make it up later and the kids are going to be even more crazy tomorrow....the day before Christmas break!!

Melanie said...

Okay...I laughed REALLY hard when I saw your "snow day" photo! That is pretty hilarious! We woke up to 3-4 inches of drifted snow and single digit weather......and the kids had school! Of course, here in Idaho, we are much better equipped for this kind of thing. Glad you got a day off, well, maybe not for you!

Melanie

Christensen Family said...

how funny, but I am sure the kids loved it. Mine kids say bring it on so they can sled and build snowman. Guess what we were doing last night at 8:30pm?!

Trecia said...

Oh poor girl!! What is that, 1/4 of an inch? I am so glad you all survived. It has been over 30 years since Cedar has had a snow day and we got 13 inches last week-end. Gotta love the the west coast