Sunday, November 9, 2008

Telling the Kids



















Robert & I didn't want our kids to feel anxious or scared about the job loss so we decided to bake a cake and put fourteen candles on it. Then, we told the kids that we had something to celebrate; we were celebrating all the years that Robert had worked for one company. We told them that their Dad no longer worked for Cemex but that the Lord had blessed us immensely and that we were looking forward to what was in store for us now. We sang, "Happy Fourteen Years, Dear Robert", and then he blew out his candles! I'm so glad that we did it this way...it just feels nice!

12 comments:

Christensen Family said...

So clever, the holy ghost is already comforting you guys!

Sarah said...

What a really great idea! You guys are such amazing parents.

Krista said...

What an awesome idea!!

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

love the positive attitude. what a wonderful way to let your children know and feel so secure about the whole situation.

Crissy said...

What great parents you guys are!

Kris said...

That's a great way to handle it. One way I'm not sure I would be able to pull off, but knowing you I'm sure you're handling everything just great. What a good mommy you are!

Lisa Wilson said...

Ummm......I thought I already left a comment.

That is so clever. You two are awesome. Let us know if you need anything.

Travis and Ashlee said...

What a great idea! you guys are so cute. we will be praying for you, we know what it is like fro sure, let me know if w can help with anything.

Shauna Leigh said...

That so made me cry, I don't know if it's my hormones or what and the song and everything. I love you guys!!!

Nelson Family said...

What the heck, Carol!! Ain't life a kick in the pants! Tell Robert I have plenty of odd jobs for him around my house. Laundry, cleaning, filing the rough skin off the bottom of Jason's feet... with a fair wage, we swear! Ha! You know something will work out. Heavenly Father loves you too much! So do we.. Call me girl!

As the World "Kerns" said...

You have such a good attitude! Keep baking cakes! Hope it doesn't last for very long; and Robert's back to work real soon. LIKE YOUR MUSIC...I put a new slide show. How did you get so much room to type your post? I like it.

Yvonne said...

What a creative and positive idea!