Monday, November 17, 2008

My Projects

I have been doing some redecorating lately(all pre-lay-off,of course). There were some changes that I had been wanting to make since we moved in but I finally got a bee in my bottom to do it! I am terrible about remembering to take before pics so I posted some old Halloween pictures to show you what everything looked like before. First, I decided to recover the cornice boxes. They were a floral material. I chose a material that would give the room some "texture" as Debbie would say :0)

Also, all the walls in our home were the same blue-gray color and I wanted something warmer, so while Robert was off hunting, I started painting. I am really pleased with how everything turned out. The sister missionaries even came one day to help me paint and we ended up talking about Twilight the whole time!






Before






After



Before

After

















17 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

WOWZERS! You have been busy! It looks fantastic!

Christensen Family said...

I like it. We have the same taste, my kitchen was green too!
Love the curtains

Trevor and Jamie said...

Wow! I love it! You did an amazing job!

Shauna Leigh said...

I like it a lot, it looks like a picture in a magazine.

Melanie said...

Wow, Carol...you need to come to my house and help with my decorating. We've lived here a year and I have NO color on my walls.

Travis and Ashlee said...

I love it. Super good job, now you can come over andhelp me spruce my place up a bit!!

As the World "Kerns" said...

Beeeeuuuutttteeeefulllll!!!! I'm so boring compared to you, I love it, it's YOU BABA!!!!

Krys said...

Your home looks great! I wish I could do that... of course I'd need a house of my own first haha.

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

you have a nice house

Debbie and Cory said...

It looks so good! I am so glad you posted pics :)

Nelson Family said...

Ooh,I like! You crafty little girl! Hey, I went to Pin Kaow last night and Jason isn't a fan of Thai but I LOVED It! We need to go for lunch the week after Thanksgiving. How goes the job search???? Love you guys!

Yvonne said...

Love it! I gotta post what my hubby did while I was gone.

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

i really like it! good eye. i love the colors . now come do my house! please!

Christensen Family said...

Carol I'm getting a complex. The last two comments you made you said I look pretty. Do I usually not or what?! JJ I do appreciate it. It takes me ALL day and a lot of work to look descent!

Thurston Fam said...

It looks amazing!! So warm and homey!! I love your valances..i never know what to do about windows! So SO beautiful!

Trecia said...

Carol...I Love it! so Martha, can I come live with you?

Tara said...

I love the new look!! Looks great!!