Robert is officially layed off of his job at Cemex as of today. He has worked at the same place for 14 1/2 years! He first started working there at the age of 22 and we felt so blessed because our income would be enough to allow me to quit working and stay home with our children! During his employment there, the company name has changed 3 times and lastly, was bought out by Cemex. Fourteen years is a long time to be with a company and we are so grateful for all the years that the lord has provided for our family. We have no complaints. We feel that the Lord must have another path for us to follow. If all else fails, you might see Robert & the kids out on a corner near you!


14 comments:
I am sorry for job loss. You will be in our prayers. If any of you would like a blessing please let me, Jamie, the bishop, or your home teachers Br. Millett & Br. Farnsworth know. Any of us would be happy to come by and do so.
I'm so sorry!! That totally sucks! Let us know if we can do anything.
I'm so sorry too! PLEASE let us know if we can help with anything.
BTW I LOVE the new picture of your kids. They are beautiful!
Thank you everyone! I should have put in the post that Robert got a very nice severance package. We are not in dire straits yet! We are very blessed, many people have been laid off in this econonmy without any severance.
That really sucks and am so sorry to hear about that. Any other job prospects out there? Good luck to both of you and keep your heads up during this difficult time.
Hi Carol and Robert; Dad told me yesterday about Robert. 14 years is a long time at one place for these days. Congratulations on the stability. So sorry to hear about the lay off though. These are difficult times. I have a few friends that are going through the same thing. It's happening in all industries. I hope you can come and spend time with us any time!!! We should have a lot more room in a few weeks and you are always welcomed. By the way if I saw that guy and those darn cute kids standing on the street corner I'd through a few bucks their way, heck I'd bring them home with me! I love the pictures of the kids. We need to get a good pic. of Neal taken soon. I think I wanna wait for him to sit up at this point. We love you and if there is anything we can do, we will. If I know both of you though, Robert will find something soon and be out there working hard again, you're in our prayers. I LOVE ALL THE MUSIC TOO!!!!! You are AMAZING all of you.
I'm sorry that just sucks! You have such a good attitude and such cute pictures! If you need anything please call :)
Nice pictures! lol Way to make light of it, Carol! I hope you know you can call us if you need anything.
WHAT?! Carol I'm sorry I thought you were just saying that to make me feel better about Dan. Maybe that was Heavenly Father preparing you for the day it would come. Not a surprise. I love ya and there is always room up here in good ol sanpete! God bless your family and good luck there is another plan.
Carol, I'm sorry to hear this. You are such a great example of counting your blessing during the difficult times cause you sure are being positive about this! You are such a wonderful girl, I hope for nothing but the best for you and your Fam. You are in my prayers sisterchick
Carol...sorry to hear about Robert's job. Way to look on the bright side. Remember, Idaho is a great place to live and much cheaper!
Take care,
Melanie
ohhhhhhhh carol you have such an amazing sense of humor. you seriously crack me up! please let me know if there is anything we can do.
So sorry to hear, I've been in your shoes... The more you tell you might find someone that knows someone that will scoop Robert up with a great job. Dont give up when times get hard. I'll be at your doorstep if you dont call with what you need. You've got family on your side always and forever.......
What heartwrenching pictures! Dang, they're good. Send them out on a street corner begging and you guys may earn so much Robert won't need to go back to work. I know I'd atleast throw a sub sandwich their way! Wink wink!!
Post a Comment