Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Stay-cation (as Tara would say)



Robert took some vacation time. He wanted to rent a boat & go out to Lake Mead & the Colorado River. So we did. The kids got to invite a few friends, Rex & Samantha. We had a blast until Robert headed into water that was too shallow & dinged up the rotor (which ended up costing us an additional $180.00) Can anyone say chaachiingg? I was glad that the kids got to go out on a boat. My parents owned a boat & we were always out water skiing & knee boarding.



After boating we headed up to Mt. Charleston to get out of the heat. Our friends, the Farrers ,own a summer home there & they graciously let us stay a few days (I have a picture of the gorgeous view from the bedroom window). We went hiking up to Cathedral rock & ended up right in the middle of a rainstorm. We took shelter & waited it out. When we reached the top, the view was absolutely breathtaking!(maybe even worth the hike) I was never happier to see the van than I was when we finally made it back down the mountain & it was raining & thundering even harder. That night we had the Nelson family up for a BBQ & played some games. It was so fun!



The next day, we went to a Ward activity at Warm Springs so the kids could swim & Robert taught a CPR class. I was crazy enough to go down the river of death but thanks to Yvonne, I lived to tell about it. Then, we headed back up to Mt. Charleston for a day of rest before Robert had to be back to work on Monday. Anyway, I think we now need a vacation from our stay-cation!

11 comments:

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

hey caro, That's cool how you did the tv thing for your oics . I've been planning on going. I just having gotten to church yet. I'll try next week. Are you still in the nursery?

Shauna Leigh said...

Hey Carol, look at me im leaving you a comment. It looks like you guys had a blast, wish I could be there with you. I love all the pictures keep them up. I love all you guys and I will be talking to you.

Jason said...

That sounds like a lot of fun... I bet the view is amazing from up there. I can't wait to see you guys again. Have a good day!

Yvonne said...

Wow! Great pics of the "stay-cation" Can I come next time? The river of death was so worth the laughs! I'm still a little sore.

Krista said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog;)

Christensen Family said...

I'm jealous that looks fun. My kids never went to Lake Mead. Sad I know. One day will have to do it. Glad your STAY CATION was fun!

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

that tv slide show was the cutest thing!!!! what a fun a creative idea to have a staycation!!!! looks like you guys had a blast:)s

As the World "Kerns" said...

Hi Carol! Robert called today and told me to check out your blog, I had before, but didn't get a chance to leave a comment. You do a great job, I need to do one of these...I will one of these days! Your vacation sounded and looks like it was fun, I admire you for taking that hike, it's been many, many years since I did that and I know it's not easy! I love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Lisa Wilson said...

Ahhh.....looks super fun! Boating is a blast! Great pics!

Lisa Wilson said...

I like the new background!

am&a said...

charity can come boating with me anytime :] lol